FOR SALE NOW BY EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
(See Sunnybrae’s own website here)
- 638.74 ha (approx. 1580 acres).
- Mid-way between Sydney and Melbourne (4.5 hrs), 2 hours to Canberra.
- 40 min to Wagga Airport (several daily flights to Sydney and Melbourne).
- 40 minutes to Wagga Wagga, 25 min to Gundagai and 15 min to Hume Highway at Tumblong.
- Local and regional school bus services at gate, postal and effective mobile phone services.
- 4.6 km Murrumbidgee River frontage.
- 233 acres river flats, 1348 acres prime elevated grazing.
- 600 mm annual rainfall.
- 2500 – 3500 DSE conservative grazing.
- Native and improved pastures.
- Predominantly granite based soil types with isolated granite and quartz outcrops, falling to fertile sandy loam and clay loam river flats.
- The vendor’s family have been stock breeders of note for many years and there is a proud history of Royal Easter Show awards and recognition.
- Presents the opportunity for a number of different enterprises alongside the current operation that could add diversity and alternate income streams. See some of those options here .
- Superb prepared elevated building site, power and water adjacent and formed driveway (consisting of part of the original Port Philip Road from early 1800’s). Northerly aspect encompassing magnificent views of the Murrumbidgee River, the valley and south west slopes.
- Two existing homes – Original Brick Homestead (circa 1860 – 1930), partially renovated offering comfortable living as well as Mundarlo School House (1874 – 1971) – basic but cosy accommodation.
- Ample shedding and cattle yards.
- Subdivided into 13 paddocks with laneways and access.
- Significant areas of remnant native bushland and shelter trees.
- Boundary fencing very good, balance of internal fencing good to new.
- Exceptionally well-watered property offering river, creeks, spring and bore assets. Has an extensive riverine management plan in place including in-stream storages and dams on the internal creeks and gullies aimed at slowing water flow, enhancing infiltration and managing erosion.
- Stock and Domestic river access with riparian rights.
- 2 ML irrigation license off Murrumbidgee River itself.
- 22 ML irrigation license on unregulated stream off the river.
- Domestic bore x 2 (1 x new bore supplies new home site). High quality groundwater from both.
- 3 phase power connected and adjacent.
- Cootamundra – Gundagai Regional Council rates: $4605 pa
- Riverina Local Land Service rates: $829 pa
All information contained herein is gathered from sources we deem to be reliable. However, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and interested purchasers should rely on their own enquiries.
Contact for further information and inspection
Aquire Land and Water
72 Banna Ave, GRIFFITH, 2680.
T 02 6964 9347 M 0439 174 419